A combination of smart team members and a supportive working environment is a big part of what makes Work & Co an exciting place to build best in class products.The Finance Team enables the company to run successfully and efficiently. Our Controller will be part of our growing finance and accounting team and will report directly to the Managing Director, Finance. The Controller will manage our books and organize company audits and taxes to provide insights and ensure our practices are compliant. At that same time, they are flexible in their approach and ensure reliable data without imposing multiple layers of process or bureaucracy that weigh down day to day tasks. They approach their work with a spirit of customer service, prioritizing communication and always with an eye toward how to make interactions easy and intuitive for employees across our studios.
What You Will Do
- Maintain, document and optimize to strengthen internal controls.
- Oversee all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Consolidation and Revenue Recognition
- Manage month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare and publish monthly financial statements and reporting package
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings with our external tax advisors
- Coordinating external auditor and tax advisor activity
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
We Are Looking For
- 8+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- CPA strongly preferred
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Extensive knowledge and experience in financial statement preparation
- Proficiency in NetSuite
- Global perspective and ability to work across multiple US & international offices
- Interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to anticipate needs and prioritize tasks. You should have a predisposition to seek out answers as new challenges arise
20 days paid time off
We are also closed from December 25th to January 1st.
Unlimited sick days
We want people to be healthy. Stay home when you need to.
100% health, dental, and vision coverage
We pay the monthly premiums for all employees and cover 70% for spouses, partners, and dependents.
3% non-elective 401k match
We contribute to your retirement account even if you choose not to.
Paid parental leave
Primary caregivers receive 18 weeks paid time off following a birth or adoption. Secondary caregivers receive 6 weeks. Upon returning to work, all new parents are eligible for a flexible 4-day week for up to 3 months at 80% pay. If you need to take more time, we will hold your job for 6 months.
15 days backup childcare or elder care
We work with Bright Horizons to offer extra coverage.
Pre-tax commuter benefits and FSA
We let everyone set aside a portion of each paycheck before taxes to pay for public transportation, select ridesharing apps, parking, medical expenses, childcare expenses, and elder care expenses.
Coaching for college savings and student loans
We offer 1-on-1 counseling sessions with a financial coach who can help you save for college or pay back student loans.
2pm Summer Fridays
We close early on Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
About Work & Co
Work & Co (www.wuweibang.com) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies which rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach "a model to follow."
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.